Monday, August 5, 2013

More DIY Artwork {Vintage Boys Room}

We just got back again after two consecutive weekends away. Of course taking 4 kids and two grown ups anywhere requires a lot of preparation, but I think the clean up and put away part when we get home is the most time consuming...and my least favorite part FO'SHO. Ahem. We were in the city. 

Anyway, I'm still chipping away at the boys room. Little by little.

I have a few things waiting in the wings to show you, but I'm just putting the finishing touches on the gallery wall and I thought I would share my final piece of "art". 

Well, if writing on book pages and stuffing them into a frame qualifies as art. It does around here.

I've had this frame forever - I got it at Goodwill for $3.50 (they are a great place for frames!). I intended on putting a picture of each of my 3 babies in each spot, then I had 4. Hmm. Dilemma. 

I thought about putting the British flag or some cool postcard in each of the holes...but I originally didn't want to spend any money on this little room redo, and now it's become a game. So I had to use what I had around the house. Book pages to the rescue, and a few words I want my boys to remember.

I just wrote them on the page with a pen.

Glued them in place.
 

Instant.


Artwork.
 
 Kind. Brave. Patient.

xo-Chris

Sharing with:

1 comment:

  1. Perfect!!! I love anything involving book pages!! :) Following you back from Shabby Love!!

    ReplyDelete